Table of Contents
Adventure bikes have taken India by storm, becoming the go-to choice for riders seeking thrills on both tarmac and trails. With their versatility and rugged charm, these bikes are ideal for your daily commute or that long-awaited expedition.
From the Himalayan heights to the coastal curves, adventure bikes offer the freedom to explore India’s diverse landscapes. This year’s lineup includes an array of models catering to both new riders and seasoned tourers. Stay tuned as we dive into the best adventure bikes in India for 2023, complete with specs, features, and the latest prices.
Royal Enfield Himalayan
When considering the best adventure bikes in India, the Royal Enfield Himalayan does more than just show up; it stands out. This machine isn’t merely a testimony to Royal Enfield’s legacy but is a tailored fit for the adventurous spirit within you. The Royal Enfield Himalayan breaks barriers with its signature robust build and reliable performance, both on city streets and rugged terrain.
Mileage and Efficiency
You’re likely curious about the mileage – a key concern for any long-distance rider. The Royal Enfield Himalayan offers a respectable fuel efficiency figure that complements its adventurous intent.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan 450: Yet to be disclosed
- Royal Enfield Himalayan: Approximately 30 km/l
Each model of the Royal Enfield Himalayan family brings something unique to the table. Here’s what you can expect:
- Dual Purpose Tyres: Grip and stability, no matter the surface
- High Ground Clearance: Conquer challenging terrains with ease
- Long Travel Suspension: For a smooth ride over bumps and drops
- Navigational Support: Stay on course with integrated compass and GPS capabilities
- Comfortable Seat Design: Ensuring comfort on long journeys
- Luggage Mounting points: For all your gear-carrying needs
As you navigate the adventurous paths that India has to offer, these bikes promise to continue the legacy of dependability and exhilaration associated with the Royal Enfield name. No matter the destination, the Himalayan range is designed to provide you with an unparalleled riding experience, demanding to be taken beyond the limitations of paved roads. Keep in mind the options for customization and the extensive range of accessories that can further enhance your adventure riding experience.
BMW G 310 GS
When you’re scanning the horizon for the ultimate ride, the BMW G 310 GS stands out as a true adventure companion. Priced at Rs 290,000 ex-showroom Delhi, it’s an accessible gateway into the revered BMW GS lineage. Known for its agility in the city and endurance on unpaved paths, this bike’s appeal crosses borders and terrains.
BMW’s mastery in crafting machines that can circumnavigate the globe is evident in every aspect of the G 310 GS. Here’s what sets it apart:
- 313 cc Liquid-Cooled Single-Cylinder Engine: A compact powerhouse designed for versatility.
- LED Headlights and Tail Lights: Ensuring clear vision and visibility, no matter the time of day.
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC): Keeps the power in check for a safer ride in varying conditions.
- Ride Modes: Adapt to your surroundings with tailored riding experiences.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust System: Rugged, durable, and ready for the elements.
- Upside-Down Forks and Cast Aluminium Swingarm: A chassis setup for responsive handling and comfort.
Let’s not forget that the BMW badge brings with it a heritage of excellence and a commitment to adventure. Whether it’s a daily commute or a weekend off-road jaunt, the G 310 GS has become a staple for enthusiasts who demand quality without compromise. Adding to this is the ease of customisation, allowing riders to make their G 310 GS uniquely theirs.
Pricing and Variants
Understanding the value of your investment is crucial when considering an adventure tourer. Below is a comparison table of prices for the G 310 GS and its competitors in the Indian market:
|Price Ex-Showroom Delhi (INR)
|BMW G 310 GS
|Royal Enfield Himalayan
|KTM 250 Adventure
|KTM 390 Adventure
An adventure bike’s worth isn’t just in its price tag but in the stories it’ll help you create. The G 310 GS promises a plethora of those, on and off the beaten track.
Hero XPulse 200 4V
As you’re exploring the best adventure bikes in India, the Hero XPulse 200 4V stands out for its agility and power. It’s an enticing option for those who seek the thrill of adventure without spending a fortune. With its lightweight design, overcoming challenging terrains becomes less daunting.
The mileage of the Hero XPulse 200 4V is impressive, considering the balance it strikes between performance and efficiency. It’s an essential factor for adventurers who count on the reliability of their machine.
Let’s delve into the features that make this bike a compelling choice:
- A 199 cc single-cylinder 4-stroke oil-cooled engine that offers a peppy ride.
- An engine that churns out 17.8 HP of max power and 16.45 Nm of max torque.
- Smooth transitioning with a 5-speed gearbox.
- Front and rear disc brakes, with a 276 mm disc at the front and a 220 mm at the rear, ensure dependable stopping power.
- The 37 mm telescopic fork at the front allows for a 190 mm wheel travel, and the rear 10-step rider-adjustable monoshock caters to varied rider preferences.
- The kerb weight is just 157 kg, which enhances the bike’s nimbleness.
- Ground clearance stands at a generous 220 mm, coupled with a manageable seat height of 823 mm.
- A 13-liter fuel tank that supports long-distance undertakings.
- Available in three colors, offering a chance to personalize as per your style preferences.
- The Xpulse 200 4V ranks 13th among the top 20 touring adventure bikes in India, pointing to its popularity and acceptance among enthusiasts.
Your quest for an adventure-ready ride might just end with the Hero XPulse 200 4V, especially if you’re eyeing a robust entry-level bike.
BMW R 1250 GS Adventure
When assessing the best adventure motorbikes available in India, the BMW R 1250 GS Adventure undoubtedly stands out for its exceptional performance and premium features. Delving into its specs, you’ll find this bike is a blend of robustness and innovation, tailored for those who yearn for the thrill of exploration without compromising on luxury and comfort.
Mileage: The BMW R 1250 GS Adventure offers a mileage of 21 km/l, enabling long rides with fewer stops for refuelling.
Bike enthusiasts vouch for its capabilities, so let’s explore some of the machine’s noteworthy features:
- Engine: A robust 1254cc Flat-Twin DOHC 4-Stroke ShiftCam engine designed for smooth power delivery.
- Transmission: A seamless 6-Speed with Helical gear Teeth, ensuring swift and responsive gear changes.
- Cooling System: Equipped with an efficient Liquid Cooling system, it helps in maintaining optimum engine temperature.
- Maximum Power and Torque: Generates an impressive 134 HP at 7750 rpm and a peak torque of 143 Nm at 6250 rpm.
- Top Speed: Ability to reach speeds over 200 km/h.
- Suspension: A unique 37 mm BMW Motorrad Telelever front suspension and a BMW Motorrad Paralever Spring Preload at the rear, providing unmatched ride comfort on various terrains.
- Braking: The front is armed with Dual 305 mm 4-Piston Radial Calliper Discs while the rear has a Single 276 mm 2-Piston Calliper Disc, together with BMW Motorrad Integral ABS for enhanced safety.
- Kerb Weight and Fuel Tank: Balancing a Kerb Weight of 249 kg with a generous 20 litre fuel tank.
- Ground Clearance and Seat Height: Sporting a 185 mm ground clearance and an adjustable seat height of 850-870 mm, making it adaptable to riders of different statures.
- Price: Begins at Rs 2045 lakhs ExShowroom Delhi, representing a significant investment in your adventure touring experience.
KTM 390 Adventure
When you’re looking for performance blended with the spirit of adventure, the KTM 390 Adventure stands out. Riding on the robust reputation of its Austrian roots, this bike is built for the daring. The KTM 390 Adventure’s mileage competes strongly with an average of 25-28 km/l, striking a balance between fuel efficiency and the exhilarating performance it’s known for.
The bike boasts impressive features that make it ready for any escapade:
- State-of-the-Art Electronics: Including a sophisticated ABS system and traction control for a safer and more controlled ride.
- Versatile Ride Modes: Tailor your ride to the terrain or your mood with multiple ride modes.
- Modern Display: A full-color TFT display keeps all your ride information in clear view.
- Strong Suspension: WP Apex suspension that’s tunable and capable of handling tough conditions.
- Adept Power Delivery: The 373.2 cc engine ensures a responsive and powerful ride.
- Optimal Comfort: An ergonomically designed seat and handlebars for long rides without fatigue.
- Protective Components: Such as a skid plate and crash bars, shield the bike on rough trails.
With a commanding presence on and off the road, the KTM 390 Adventure is tailored for those who yearn for discovery and excitement. Whether navigating city streets or conquering rural tracks, this bike is equipped to take you on an unforgettable journey.
Remember that every adventure bike has features unique to its design, and the KTM 390 Adventure is no exception. Your choice ultimately hinge on what you seek in your riding experience. Explore each bike’s offerings, and you’ll find the one that speaks to your sense of adventure.
Saddle up for the Yezdi Adventure, an alluring ride for those who pine for the thrill of the open road and the freedom of the trails. Priced competitively between Rs 2.15 Lakh and Rs 2.19 Lakh, this bike is an ode to the classic adventurer with a modern twist.
Mileage: Yet to be officially reported, riders can anticipate respectable numbers given Yezdi’s history with fuel-efficient engines.
- Engine Performance: A robust 334 cc engine delivering 30.2 PS of power and 29.9 Nm of torque ensures you’ll power through the toughest of terrains.
- Transmission: A quick-shifting six-speed gearbox provides smooth transitions for city rides and rugged expeditions alike.
- Braking System: Equipped with sturdy disc brakes at both the front and rear, the Yezdi Adventure prioritizes your safety on every journey.
- Weight and Capacity: At 188 kg with a generous 15-liter fuel tank, it’s built for the long haul without frequent stops for refuelling.
- Design Variants: Choose from three distinct styles and a palette of three colours to match your personal tastes and riding preferences.
- Riding Experience: With its rough and ready look, this bike invites you to revel in the nostalgia of past adventures while forging new ones.
- Ranking: The bike has earned its place as India’s sixth Top 20 Touring Adventure Bikes in 2023, promising reliability and excitement in a single package.
As you delve into the diverse landscape of India, you’ll find the Yezdi Adventure at your side, a steadfast companion in the pursuit of the road less travelled.
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT
When exploring the vast terrains of India, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT stands out as a top contender. Given your adventurous spirit, this bike could be the answer to your call of the wild.
- In terms of fuel efficiency, the V-Strom 650 XT delivers competitive mileage, ensuring long rides without frequent stops for fuel.
- A 645 cc VTwin engine with an output of 69 HP and 62 Nm of peak torque
- 6-speed gearbox pairing with the liquid-cooled engine
- Enhanced riding experience through ABS-equipped brakes, advanced traction control system, and low RPM assist
- Aluminium twin-spar frame offering a lightweight yet rigid structure
- Dual disc brakes on the front and a single disc brake on the rear wheel for reliable stopping power
- Practical for long travels with its generous 20-litre fuel tank capacity
- An ample seat height of 835 mm and ground clearance of 170 mm, well-suited for diverse terrains
- Marzocchi suspension in the GT range, while the Rally models boast Showa suspension for greater off-road prowess
The V-Strom 650 XT encapsulates the essence of adventure biking—robust, feature-rich, and built to last. Whether it’s a cruise through the countryside or tackling rocky trails, you’ll find its offerings making each journey not just possible but also pleasurable. Your quest for the ultimate middleweight adventurer is likely to veer towards this Suzuki model, especially if your adventures call for a bike that matches performance with reliability.
Triumph Tiger 800
When considering adventure bikes in India, the Triumph Tiger 800 stands out for its exceptional blend of on-road comfort and off-road prowess. Unfortunately, specific mileage figures for the Triumph Tiger 800 aren’t readily available, as real-world performance can vary based on riding conditions and maintenance. However, riders can expect a mileage that’s competitive within its class, ensuring lengthy journeys between fuel stops.
The Triumph Tiger 800’s features extend well beyond mere mileage figures. Its robust list of attributes caters to both the long-distance tourer and the off-road enthusiast:
- Three-cylinder engine: Known for its smooth power delivery and torquey nature.
- Ride-by-Wire system: For precise throttle control and improved fuel efficiency.
- Multiple riding modes: Tailor your riding experience to the environment.
- Adjustable suspension: Customise the ride to suit the terrain and your riding style.
- Advanced ABS and traction control: Enhanced safety and control on varied surfaces.
- High-capacity fuel tank: Ideal for long adventures without frequent stops.
- Comfortable ergonomics: Upright seating for hours of fatigue-free riding.
- Full-colour TFT display: Clear, comprehensive information at a glance.
- Integrated luggage systems: Practical solutions for carrying all your gear.
Each feature is designed to provide confidence and comfort, no matter where your journey takes you, ensuring the Triumph Tiger 800 remains a favoured choice for adventurers seeking a bike that can handle both the city streets and the wilderness trails.
Ducati Multistrada 950 S
When you’re eyeing adventure tours with a touch of Italian flair, the Ducati Multistrada 950 S stands as a beacon of excellence in the segment. With its sophisticated design and high-performance features, this bike is a pure testament to Ducati’s innovative approach to long-distance touring.
Mileage is often a pivotal factor for tourers, and the Multistrada doesn’t disappoint. You’re looking at a machine that delivers between 16-18 km/l, which is substantial for a bike as powerful as this.
Features that set the Multistrada 950 S apart include:
- 937cc L-Twin Cylinder Engine: A powerful heart throbbing within, giving you 113 HP at 9000 rpm for that thrust you crave.
- High Resolution: The twin-cylinder powerhouse also puts out a peak torque of 94 Nm at 6750 rpm, ensuring you have grunt on tap when traversing varied terrains.
- The bike’s transmission is a slick 6-Speed affair, providing fluid and seamless gear changes.
- Cooling is managed by a robust Liquid Cooling system, critical for maintaining optimum engine temperatures.
- The bike’s poise on the road is managed by a sophisticated suspension ensemble with an Upside Down Front Fork and a Fully Adjustable MonoShock at the rear.
- Stopping power is essential for an adventurer. You’ll be equipped with Dual 320 mm Brembo Monobloc Callipers at the front and 265 mm Brembo floating callipers at the rear, coupled with BOSCH Cornering ABS.
- The Mutlistrada offers a generous 20-litre fuel tank, so fuel stops are fewer and farther between.
This bike isn’t just about performance; it’s engineered for comfort and control too. The seat height of 840 mm and ground clearance of 184 mm ensure that you can tackle challenging trails with ease. With the Ducati Multistrada 950 S, adventure riding becomes an experience where every journey is infused with intensity and luxury.
When you’re eyeing to conquer new terrains, consider the Honda CB200X, an entry-level adventure bike designed for your escapades. Boasting a mileage of approximately 28.6 km/l, this bike is engineered to keep you on the road for longer periods without frequent stops for refuelling. Let’s dig into some of its noteworthy features:
- Engine: The heart of the CB200X is a 471cc parallel-twin that churns out 47.58 PS of power and 43.2 Nm of torque, ensuring you have the grunt for both city rides and off-road challenges.
- Transmission: A seamless six-speed gearbox translates the engine’s power into smooth motion.
- Cooling System: Liquid cooling helps maintain optimum engine temperature, even in harsh riding conditions.
- Suspension: At the front, telescopic forks absorb the shocks, while the rear Honda ProLink monoshock keeps the ride comfortable over bumps.
- Brakes: Equipped with a single 310 mm disc brake up front and a 240 mm disc at the rear, paired with 2-channel ABS for added safety.
- Build: With a kerb weight of 199 kg and a ground clearance of 181 mm, the CB200X is built tough yet is nimble on trails.
- Comfort: A generous 830 mm seat height positions you for control and visibility, while the 17.7-litre fuel tank supports your long hauls without frequent pit stops.
- Style: Its mass-centralised design isn’t just for looks; it enhances the bike’s balance and handling.
The Honda CB200X defines versatility for both newcomers and seasoned riders alike, and secures its place as a competitive choice among the best adventure bikes in India.
Benelli TRK 502
When considering adventure bikes that strike a balance between performance and cost, the Benelli TRK 502 stands out in the Indian market. The average mileage of the Benelli TRK 502 is around 24 km/l, which is respectably efficient for a middleweight adventure motorcycle, ensuring you can cover long distances without constantly searching for fuel stations.
Some of the Benelli TRK 502’s standout features include:
- 500cc Twin-Cylinder Engine: This powerplant offers a smooth and engaging ride, perfect for both city commuting and highway cruising.
- Adjustable Suspension: Tailor your ride according to the terrain with the adjustable front and rear suspension.
- Dual-Channel ABS: Safety is key, and the dual-channel ABS ensures you have better control under braking conditions.
- 20-Litre Fuel Tank Capacity: The generous tank size allows for extended adventures without frequent stops.
- High Ground Clearance: With its significant ground clearance, the TRK 502 can easily handle rough terrains.
- Ergonomic Seat Design: Comfort on long rides is a priority, and the ergonomically designed seat helps reduce rider fatigue.
- LED Headlights & Indicators: Offering better visibility during both day and night, the LED lights are a plus for safety.
- Digital Instrument Console: Stay informed with a modern digital display that shows all the vital statistics of your ride.
The Benelli TRK 502, with its combination of Italian design flair and robust build quality, emerges as an attractive proposition for motorcycle enthusiasts looking to wander off the beaten path.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Adventure Bikes in India
When it’s about picking your ride, the bike’s performance is a pivotal point. You’d want to look for engine efficiency, handling, and the output of power which determines how it’ll fare on those elusive terrains. Mileage is particularly essential, as it directly influences the cost of your long escapades and the intervals between fuel stops. Here’s a quick overview of the mileage for the discussed bikes:
- BMW G 310 GS: A reliable 30 km/l, optimizing long rides
- Hero XPulse 200 4V: Around 40 km/l, perfect for a budget-friendly trip
- KTM 390 Adventure: A decent 28 km/l for the adrenaline seekers
- Yezdi Adventure: Approximately 30 km/l for a balanced trip
- Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT: Nearly 20 km/l for power-packed journeys
- Ducati Multistrada 950 S: Roughly 14 km/l highlighting its robust nature
- Honda CB200X: Offering an efficient 28.6 km/l, tailor-made for beginners
- Benelli TRK 502: About 25.6 km/l, marries performance with economy
Long-term upkeep is critical. Regular servicing ensures that your adventure rig is in top form. Consider the availability and cost of spare parts, as well as the bike’s reliability over time. Hero XPulse’s ease of maintenance and Benelli’s budget-friendly service costs are excellent examples to keep in mind.
Your budget plays a definitive role in the final decision. While the initial cost is crucial, also reflect on the overall ownership costs, including insurance and depreciation. For instance, the Honda CB200X is a steal for those just starting, whereas Ducati Multistrada 950 S caters to the premium segment with its high-end pricing. Choose a bike that offers the best balance between what you need and what you can afford.
Embarking on your next adventure on two wheels is an exciting prospect. With the right bike, you’ll conquer rugged terrains and long highways with ease. Remember that performance, features, and maintenance are key to a thrilling yet safe ride. Don’t let the allure of flashy extras overshadow the practical aspects like mileage and spare parts availability. Ultimately, it’s about finding a steadfast companion that fits your budget without compromising on your adventure needs. Choose wisely and you’re set for an unforgettable journey on the Indian roads.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which bike is best for back pain?
A recumbent bike is recommended to prevent back pain during long rides due to its chair-like seat that supports the spine.
Which bike has the best engine in India?
Yamaha MT 15, starting at ₹1.4 lakh, is recognised for its powerful 155 cc liquid-cooled engine offering excellent fuel efficiency.
Which is the king of adventure bikes in India?
The Royal Enfield Himalayan 450, priced at ₹2.69 Lakh, is often hailed as the king of adventure bikes in India.
Which is the best adventure bike under 2 lakh?
Hero XPulse 200 4V, priced at ₹1.69 Lakh, stands out as the best adventure bike under ₹2 lakh.
Which bike has the most craze in India?
The Royal Enfield Classic 350, starting at ₹1.87 lakh, is amongst the most coveted bikes in India.