11 Best Face Wash for Oily Skin
Anyone with oily skin can relate to the tedious full-time job of keeping the shine and greasiness at bay. One thing that you want for sure is the best face wash for oily skin. Your skin requires constant attention and a lot of products from keeping the face look extra shiny. Just as someone is born with a certain kind of eye colour or hair colour, some are born with more sebaceous glands, which give rise to more oil production than normal, leading to oily skin. It is the skin’s mechanism to produce oil naturally to keep the skin soft and supple. Still, when the production overflows, the face looks like a shiny mirror reflecting back the light, and greasiness hides the true complexion.
The external factors cannot be overlooked either. Although it is proved that high temperatures and high humidity levels would not lead to the production of more oil in the skin, they will make you sweat. Once the sweat is mixed with oil on your skin, you will start looking very easy in a few hours. There are a lot of products in the market to fight and prevent oil production, but the beginning of this is from the right face wash.
So, let’s check out the best face wash for oily skin.
Top Face Wash Brands For Oily Skin
- Himalaya Herbals
- Clean & Clear
Best Face Wash For Oily Skin
Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Foaming Face Wash, 150ml
Himalaya Herbals claims to fight impurities. This is developed after thorough research, keeping in mind the problems of oily and acne-prone skin. The active ingredients of this face wash are Neem, Turmeric, and Vetiver. Each of these ingredients has significant benefits. Neem has been known since ages for its antibacterial, germicidal, and antiviral properties, which keeps in check the recurrence of pimples and acne. Turmeric possesses antiseptic characteristics and is soothing for the skin. Even Vetiver has antibacterial features and cools down the skin. The key ingredients of this Himalaya Herbals are Neem Oil and Neem Leaves.
Turmeric has been a powerful healer for centuries now and has been used as an antiseptic. The herbs are included to even out skin tone. The natural skin elasticity is retained, and the skin feels supple. Turmeric is also a strong ingredient that deals with inflammatory problems. The Vetiver provides a soothing and cooling effect to calm down skin inflammation and heal skin conditions like acne.
- Neem is a great ingredient to purify the skin making it the best face wash for oily skin.
- Neem Oil does not dry out the face after washing and calms down any itchiness, irritation, or redness. It is also very efficient in improving the overall health of the skin and immunity to fight with bacterial infections that cause acne, ulcers, and boils.
- Turmeric evens out the skin tone and benefits in keeping the elasticity and the suppleness of the face intact even after wash.
- Vetiver provides a soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
- Suitable for normal to oily skin.
- Perfect for oily skin as it controls the oil.
- Neem is a great ingredient for people with acne-prone skin.
- It is just the same formulation as the liquid neem face wash. So, there’s no point why people should switch to this.
- It might not be a good face wash for people with dry skin as it is specially formulated for oily skin. Hence it might make the dry skin drier.
Garnier Men Oil Clear Clay D-Tox Deep Cleansing Icy Face Wash, 100gm
It is formulated to work as an intense anti-grease face wash. The mineral clay is quick in absorbing oil and keeping the skin fresh for long. It is a deep purifying face wash for men. This face wash for oily skin removes the excess oil while retaining the moisture of the face and giving a day-long oil-free feel. The unique oil-tapping mud texture is what works in captivating the oil and removing it.
- Cleans out the excess oil without drying out the face.
- It leaves you with fresh and clean skin.
- Keep the face oil-free all day.
- The Cyro-Menthol gives a cooling effect.
- Gentle on the skin.
- The texture is really good and beautiful fragrance.
- Remove oil effectively and keeps the skin fresh for a long time.
- The cooling effect makes it perfect for summer as it really gives that refreshing feel.
- As it has chemicals, people might find it a bad option for daily use.
Aroma Magic Neem And Tea Tree Face Wash (100 ml.)
The antibacterial properties of neem are nothing new, and this helps in combating the factors that give rise to acne and pimples. It is the tube of all-natural and organic ingredients. It acts upon excess sebum and removes it, preventing your skin from getting oily. The skin feels refreshed and soft and with daily use gradually remove the stubborn blackheads that might be building up, leaving you with smooth and bright skin.
- It is the best face wash for oily skin as it is 100% free of parabens, alcohol, artificial colouring, soap, and fragrance.
- The Neem and Rose extracts work on clearing the acne.
- The perfect blend of tea tree and lavender essential oils soothe any skin irritation and prevent blackheads.
- The presence of Vitamins helps in lightening the scars and blemishes and gradually evens out skin tone.
- Control the formation of acne
- It prevents blackheads and soothes the skin
- Fades away scars, blemishes and improves the skin tone.
- It cannot keep away the oil for long.
- This is not suitable for sensitive skin.
Mamaearth Charcoal Natural Face Wash for oil control and pollution defense 100 ml – For Oily Skin – SLS & Paraben Free
Next on our list of the best face wash for oily skin is from Mamaearth. It is packed with activated charcoal and clay to captivate and extract the impurities, dirt, pollution, makeup, sweat and excess oil, making the skin look fresh healthy and glowing. It clears out the pores on the surface of the skin gently, without making the skin dry. Activated charcoal present in it, along with tea tree oil, penetrates deep into the skin and detoxifies it by removing the impurities and oil from the clogged pores.
- It is made up of Pollution Defence Formula.
- Keeps in check the production of excess oil.
- Unclogs pores.
- Detoxify the skin.
- Dermatologically tested and certified Toxin Free.
- It is free of sulfates, SLS, Mineral oil synthetic perfumes, colours, petroleum, paraben, and artificial preservatives
- It has a very runny texture and a flip-top, which makes it difficult to be poured out every time it is used.
- It doesn’t cure acne.
Pond’s Pure White Anti Pollution + Purity Face Wash 200 g
Activated charcoal is the key ingredient; this face wash for oily skin is formulated to extract the pollutants and impurities so that the skin is pure and can get a healthy glow. Dust particles and pollutants when settling on your skin can penetrate the surface causing long-term damage like darkening the skin cells from within. The long-seated particles can cause rashes, acne, dryness, eczema, dark spots, and even worse, premature aging. This activated charcoal acts as a magnet in bringing out the dirt, pollution, and dust so that the skin is clean.
- Deep cleanses the skin from within.
- Remove excess oil from the skin.
- Exfoliates, removing the dead skin cells to make the skin feels smooth.
- It restores the brightness of the skin.
- Thick texture but lathers really well, so you need only a small amount.
- It does washes away the oil from the skin.
- Makes skin look really fresh after washing.
- Lovely fragrance and affordable.
- As activated charcoal is a strong ingredient, it can leave the skin dry and stretchy, while removing oil.
- Not a good option for sensitive skin.
WOW Skin Science Brightening Vitamin C Face Wash – No Parabens, Sulphate, Silicones & Color, 100 ml
Another great face wash for oily skin has the best advanced formulation curated for skin-brightening and anti-aging. It is packed with mulberry and liquorice extracts, essential oils from lemon and orange, and Vitamin C. The formulation is designed to block melanin, which will lighten the pigmentation and Vitamin C works as a powerful antioxidant, preventing skin damage by blocking the free radicals. With regular use, this foaming face wash claims to leave the skin soft, radiant, and supple.
- Lightens the skin and Brightens the complexion.
- Works on removing the Dead Skin Cells.
- It boosts collagen production, which enables the skin to absorb the product quickly, leading to Skin Hydration.
- A One-Stop cleanser effectively removes pollution and makeup-residue.
- No Paraben, Sulfate, Silicone, Harmful Chemicals or Colour
- Suitable for all skin type
- Lightens any spot and makes the skin bright.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Although it states suitable for all skin types, people with sensitive skin might face
- breakouts as it has citric acid.
- It shows no result in brightening the face.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Face Wash, 175ml
If you want the best facewash for oily skin that also helps cure acne, go for this one. It is an alcohol-free face wash that penetrates deep into the skin and cleans the pores, preventing the formation of pimples and removing excess oil. It does not over- dries the face even during deep cleansing. It is gentle on the skin but remembers to be harsh on acne-causing bacteria. The salicylic acid leaves the skin clean, residue-free, and without any excess oil. The specially curated formulation presence in this face wash is non-comedogenic, meaning it will not clog your pose and let your skin breathe. By using it regularly, you can get rid of acne and instead, get a smooth, clean, and healthy skin.
- Capable of deep cleansing without over-drying.
- Penetrates deep to clean the pores and unclog them, preventing pimple and build-up of excess oil.
- Oil-Free and Non-Comedogenic and Dermatologically Tested
- Suitable for oily and acne-prone skin.
- 2% Salicylic Acid.
- After washing, it removes the oil to an extent, it does not leave behind any residue, and the skin does not feel greasy or sticky after use.
- Has been a best seller and is often recommended by dermatologists.
- It does not cause any redness, rashes or itchiness to the skin
- Free from harmful chemicals
- As compared to other drug store face washes, this is not cheapest.
- Skin feels really dry after the use, if not followed by a moisturizer.
- No noticeable change in acne or blemishes.
Forest Essentials Kashmiri Saffron and Neem Delicate Facial Cleanser, 200ml
The active ingredients are Saffron, Neem, Kewda Leaf Extract, and Honey. It is a gentle cleanser with completely natural ingredients. Saffron has been known for ages for its capability in bringing a healthy glow to the skin. Neem leaf extract helps in healing, cooling, and keeping bacteria as well as other impurities away. Honey is a natural antioxidant that protects the skin from sun damage and replenishes skin & moisture, making it feel soft and supple. Kewda is also an excellent antioxidant and imparts a cooling effect.
- This face wash is made In India
- All Natural Ingredients
- Great for oily and acne-prone skin
- It brings a Healthy Glow to the face with regular use.
- Calms down irritated skin.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Makes the skin feel clean and soft.
- Doesn’t dry out the skin.
- It will last long, and a very small quantity is required.
- Very refreshing smell.
- The price is on the higher end.
- As it is a very mild face wash and lathers very less, it won’t be able to effectively clean
- up dust and grime.
Clean & Clear Foaming Face Wash, 150ml
It is specially designed to thoroughly clean away the excess oil, without causing any dryness. It prevents pimples by removing the pimples. It is gentle enough to be used every day for clean and beautiful clear skin. This face wash for oily skin also prevents blackheads, and the non-oily and non-comedogenic properties do not clog pores.
- This facewash removes excess oil and dirt while retaining the moisture of the skin.
- It prevents Pimple and Blackheads.
- Suitable for Normal to Oily skin.
- The packaging is sturdy.
- Very refreshing citrus fragrance and soothing to the skin.
- Make skin look healthy and fresh by removing excess oil and shine.
- Capable of removing residual makeup and dirt.
- This product contains paraben, phenoxyethanol, and other harmful chemicals.
- People with dry skin are not advised to use this.
Mcaffeine Neem Face Wash Cleanser With Argan Oil & Vitamin E For Men And Women – 150 ml.
It is formulated to detoxify skin and fight against pollution, without removing essential moisture. Being on the list of best face wash for oily skin, it has a unique blend of caffeine and neem. Caffeine is a natural antioxidant that prevents free radicals and protects the skin from harmful UV rays. The healing properties of neem make it a perfect defense against skin problems.
- Paraben-free, 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free.
- Deep Cleanse and Detox.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Remove the toxins that may settle in the skin due to pollution.
- Energized and Improves Skin Tone.
- Antioxidant and Protection from UV rays.
- Moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- Cleanses the face thoroughly and gives a glow.
- The skin feels refreshed and soft.
- A very mild and gentle cleanser.
- Wonderful fragrance.
- It has preservatives, additives, and fragrance.
Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, 125ml
It is a cleanser for oily skin, formulated to reduce excess facial oil and deep cleanse the pores, without causing any harm to the skin barrier. It is a gentle cleanser that does not irritate the skin or leave any residue behind. Cetaphil keeps the skin moisturized and soft.
- Soap-Free and pH-Balanced.
- Gentle on skin and Non-Comedogenic.
- Prevents pimple by removing excess oil.
- Washes out the dead cells, dirt, and any residual makeup.
- The skin feels fresh and soft.
- Recommended by dermatologists.
- It is a great face wash to get rid of acne.
- Lathers very well.
- It has the ability to remove as well as control oil for a long period of time.
- It does not clog your pores, as a result of which, it prevents further breakouts.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- The smell is slightly medicinal, which might be a problem for some people.
- Does not foam up really well, leading you to use up more product than usual.
If you have got oily skin, the next step after face wash should be to use a toner or a night cream. Check out our list of the best toners for oily skin and also go through the best night cream for oily skin in India.
Choosing the right product for oily skin is a trial and error process. The problem with oily skin is that it is not compatible with most products. Every face wash has its own benefits, but the choice will depend on how much oil skin produces, how frequently, and whether it is sensitive or not. Therefore, choose your face wash for oily skin wisely.