Tea is not just a drink; it is an emotion for thousands of people in India. It more than a hot cup of liquid; it is a drink to revive your sense in the middle of a chaotic day. A good cup of tea has made many good moments among people. It is common, but Tea originated from India, and Indians can get restless when they don’t get their cup of tea. Tea is usually known as Chai in India, a big part of Indian culture as its legacy starts from the 1990s. This beverage has grown popular worldwide; it is a bit hard to select the best tea for a cup of goodness. Trust me, a bad cup of tea in the morning can ruin your whole day. So it is kind of important to choose the best tea. Here are some top brands of tea in India which will surely make your day.
Tea is the state drink of Assam and India is the second-largest producer of tea. There are various types of tea across the world; each variety of tea has its taste and benefits. The best variety of tea in India is impossible for Indians to choose from. Everyone has their preference and addiction to tea. Following are some varieties of tea in India with their benefits.
- Masala Tea: Masala tea is one of the most famous variants of tea in India. It is a mixture of herbs, spices, cinnamon, and cloves which gives a refreshing taste. Ginger tea, cardamom tea is also considered under masala tea.
Benefit: Boost immunity and reduce inflammation
- Kashmiri Tea: Kashmiri tea or noon chai is a traditional tea from Kashmir. It is pink in colour and hence sometimes known as pink tea. Apart from Kashmir, it is also served in Rajasthan and Nepal.
Benefits: Reduces stress, anxiety and prevents heartburn.
- Green Tea: This tea is used as a medicine for its long list of health benefits. This tea can be intake with a pinch of salt too.
Benefits: Increases the fat burning process and clears the complexion.
- Black Tea: Black tea consists of a strong flavour without milk. Few people like this type of tea. It is made from an Assamese plant.
Benefits: Reduces blood pressure and sugar level.
- Iced Tea: This is a standard drink in India, which is mainly a summer drink. Mostly it is available in ginger or lemon flavour.
Benefits: Keeps you hydrated during summers
- Lemongrass Tea: It is one of the healthiest tea made with the lemongrass plant. It has a citrus flavour which provides many benefits.
Benefits: Increase metabolism
- There are 3000+ different types of tea.
- Tea tasting is equal to wine tasting.
- Tea has more caffeine than coffee. Using less tea means less caffeine, and that is why tea drinkers don’t feel much affected.
- In the 18th century, tea was so valuable that it was kept in a locked chest.
- You should never use boiling water for tea as you may burn the leaf.
- Tea Bags were first invented in the 1990s.
- Darjeeling is known as the Champagne of Tea.
- The London Tea Auction ran for 300 years; by the 1950s, a third of all tea was bought in an auction.
- The most expensive tea is Tieguanyin from China. It was named to honor the Buddhist Iron Goddess of Mercy, which can cost up to $1500.
- Herbal tea is not a natural tea. This type of tea doesn’t consist of actual tea leaves, and that is why Herbal tea is considered caffeine-free tea.
- Tea has been famous since the 18th century.
- It takes about 2000 tiny leaves of tea to make just one pound of finished tea.
Finding the Best Tea in India is a tricky thing as everyone has their preference, plus there are lots of other brands as well that people have. But at least it is all about a good cup of tea that can enlighten your mood in seconds. We have mentioned the Best Tea in India for you.
Another good read for you – Best Peanut Butter in India